On Friday, September 28, 2023, Trump spoke at the Florida Freedom Summit. He mostly talked about these five points:
1. Why free speech is important and why control is dangerous: Trump said that the left is trying to shut down conservatives and people who don’t agree with them. There was a lot of talk about how important it is for a society to have free speech.
2. The need to keep the country safe and stop people from coming in illegally: Trump said that the Biden administration is not doing enough to keep the border safe and that people coming into the country illegally are getting out of hand. He wanted things to go back to the way they were, like building a wall along the border and making it harder for people to come into the country illegally.
3. Why it’s important to put America first in trade and foreign policy: Trump said that Biden gives in to China and other countries and puts America last in trade and foreign policy. He wanted things to go back to the way they were, like putting America first in trade deals and going after China.
4. The need to clean up the government and drain the swamp: Trump said that Washington, D.C.’s “swamp” is back full and that it’s time to drain it again. Among other things, he wanted term limits and changes to how campaign money is spent.
5. Why it’s important to make America great again: For Trump, America is not as great as it used to be. He said it’s time to make it great again. People who agreed with him were told to defend America and fight for the things that make it great.
In addition to these five areas, Trump also talked about business, schooling, and health care, among other things. He also said bad things about how the Biden government handled the COVID-19 outbreak and the exit from Afghanistan.