Report: Fox News Forced to Lay Off Entire Unit of Journalists In Wake of Carlson Firing
According to a study released on Saturday, the predicament at Fox News, which for years dominated cable news ratings, is becoming worse as a result of the decision to yank top-rated host Tucker Carlson from the air last month.
In response to the network’s huge $787.5 million defamation lawsuit settlement with Dominion Voting Systems, which was reached earlier last month, Fox reportedly terminated every member of its investigation unit on Friday.
“The lower-level journalists are being fired. Upper management, who are the executives in charge of the Dominion disaster, are currently enjoying life to the fullest. We are the lambs for the altar, the person said Fox News, according to the magazine.
Read More: MAGA RESPONDS TO TIM SCOTT’S 2024 CANDIDACY
Yes, layoffs have occurred and still do, a second source informed Rolling Stone.
A former Fox News employee was also quoted as saying, “I think producers, management, et cetera [are being laid-off].” “They want to remove money from the books by June 30. Due to the [Dominion] litigation, they must make savings.
However, a story from the New York Daily News claims that the investigation squad was just reorganized rather than abolished.
The Daily News quoted a Fox News source as saying: “There were three employees in the seven-person unit impacted, while four employees were offered different positions within the company. Employees on the team had already been working in other areas of the company, and they added, they had not been on major investigative programming initiatives in a long time.”
A similar $2.5 billion slander lawsuit against Fox News was also brought by another voting software provider, Smartmatic. If Fox doesn’t want to resolve the case amicably, like it did with the Dominion claim, it will go to trial in 2025.
Since Fox removed Carlson off the airwaves, its ratings have plummeted.
Megyn Kelly, a former Fox News star, ridiculed her former employer earlier this month with a new nickname during a broadcast of her popular SiriusXM podcast in response to the sharp decrease in ratings.
Kelly has criticized Fox News for the drop in viewers the network saw after Carlson was fired. According to Slay News, Fox News Channel’s primetime viewership decreased by 29.6% from the prior week in its first week without the former king of the primetime ratings.
For many years, Fox News dominated the cable news market. However, since Carlson’s show was abruptly cancelled for mysterious reasons, the network’s ratings have plummeted, and it has lost viewers to the left-wing source MSNBC for the first time in years.
In a tweet noting the ratings drop, Kelly joked, “My audience is calling them Foxweiser” in reference to the sharp drop in Bud Light sales that followed the brand’s disastrous partnership with trans activist and biological man Dylan Mulvaney, who identifies as a woman.
Further concerning Fox’s ratings loss, Kelly stated on Friday’s show that the network only has “about a third of their audience left.”
She remarked, “I mean, that’s stunning.”
The network’s primary revenue source, prime time programming, has been severely impacted by the ratings decrease. “Almost 40%, down 39%, in the 10 p.m…. down 24% in the demo, down almost 20% in the total, and I could go on,” Kelly continued about Hannity, the 9 p.m. program that precedes Tucker Carlson.
Additionally, she claimed that at Fox News, “all anyone gives a sh*t about is the prime-time programming. The prime time always pays the bills. They’ve all fallen.
After Carlson was fired, the channel’s dominance in cable news disappeared as “Fox News Tonight,” the program that took Carlson’s position, experienced a sharp drop in viewers of approximately one million.
Kelly had previously said, “Bloodbath.” Not even Bud Lite lost this much of its client base (which is currently being given away in an effort to persuade people to pls plz consume it).