Alec Baldwin To Be Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter In Movie Set Shooting Death

Alec Baldwin To Be Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter In Movie Set Shooting Death

According to the Wall Street Journal, an exclusive report came Thursday that a source said actor and director Alec Baldwin will be charged with involuntary manslaughter in the shooting of cinematographer Halina Hutchins on the set of Baldwin’s movie “Rust.”

Prosecutors plan to charge Alec Baldwin with involuntary manslaughter in the 2021 fatal shooting of a cameraman on the set of the movie “Rust” in New Mexico, according to a person with knowledge of the investigation.

1 TRUMP NEWS u.s

The film’s armorer, Hannah Gutierrez Reid, who supervised the weapons, is also expected to be charged with involuntary manslaughter in the incident, according to the person.

The film’s first assistant director, David Halls, has agreed to plead guilty to a charge of the negligent use of a deadly weapon, according to the person. Santa Fe-area District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwiss plans to announce charges Thursday morning, the person said, and charges are expected to be filed by the end of the month.

Read more: PRESIDENT TRUMP HITS ON BIDEN CLASSIFIED DOCS, OBAMA ADMINISTRATION: ‘WE’RE LIKE INVESTIGATION CENTRAL IN THIS COUNTRY’

According to Fox News, the district attorney investigating the case, Mary Carmack-Altwijs, said a decision on whether anyone will face charges could be announced Thursday.

Heather Brewer, a spokeswoman for the district attorney, said, “Regardless of the district attorney’s decision, the announcement will be a solemn occasion, in keeping with the office’s commitment to upholding the integrity of the judicial process and respect victims’ families.”

Hutchins died on October 21, 2021, when actor Alec Baldwin was shot by a gunman while rehearsing a scene. The group was rehearsing in a small church on the Bonanza Creek Ranch set.

read more  Trump makes surprise visit to D.C., sets the internet alight with speculation

Read more: DONALD TRUMP LAYS OUT STARK DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HIM AND BIDEN: ‘I DID NOTHING WRONG, AND JOE DID’

Baldwin has maintained that he didn’t pull the gun’s trigger — once during a primetime interview shortly after the fatal shooting and again in a podcast episode. The actor originally said he pulled the gun’s hammer back as far as it would go and released it, but didn’t pull the trigger.

The Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Department has spent the past year investigating how live rounds were made on movie sets. Amara’s Hannah Gutierrez-Reid and assistant director Dave Halls were the only other crew members believed to have operated the gun on set.

Read more: TRUMP: ‘I HAVE SINGLE-HANDEDLY SHOWN THE AMERICAN PUBLIC HOW CROOKED AND

As The New York Times reported in September, the Santa Fe County District Attorney’s Office said as many as four people, including Baldwin, could potentially face charges in the shooting death of Halina Hutchins.

The district attorney’s office speculated about the possible charges in a request to state officials late last month seeking additional funding to cover the costs of bringing charges, which would result in several high-profile prosecutions.

Although the district attorney, Mary Carmack-Altweiss, made it clear in her funding request that her office has not yet decided whether to bring charges — “if charges are warranted,” she began a sentence — the funding request went into more detail than she has noted in the past. The office can charge up to four people.

read more  Donald Trump, lawyer authorized to pay nearly $1M to sue Hillary Clinton

Read more:  DONALD TRUMP LAYS OUT STARK DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HIM AND BIDEN: ‘I DID NOTHING WRONG, AND JOE DID’

“Among the potential defendants is well-known film actor Alec Baldwin,” a document attached to the funding request said.

After denying pulling the gun’s trigger in September, the FBI found that Baldwin fired the gun that wounded cinematographer Halina Hutchins and director Joel Souza in October 2021, ABC News reported.

In this regard, the actor insisted that he did not pull the trigger, but reports say that there was no way to fire without pulling the trigger.

“With the hammer in the quarter- and half-cock positions, the gun “could not be fired without a pull on the trigger,” the report said.

The report stated that, with the hammer fully cocked, the gun “could not be fired without a pull on the trigger while the internal workings were intact and functional. With the hammer de-cocked on a loaded chamber, the gun was able to detonate a primer” when the hammer A direct hit was then made without pulling the trigger”, which is normal for this type of revolver.”

Also Read:

  1.  TRUMP CONGRATULATES MCCARTHY ON WIN, ADVISES NEXT MOVE: ‘WE MUST NOW STOP MITCH MCCONNELL’
  2. TRUMP: ‘I HAVE SINGLE-HANDEDLY SHOWN THE AMERICAN PUBLIC HOW CROOKED AND
  3. DONALD TRUMP LAYS OUT STARK DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HIM AND BIDEN: ‘I DID NOTHING WRONG, AND JOE DID’

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *